Wednesday, April 7, 2010

my everything.

aaron funeral

you.

obnoxious, sometimes.

sarcastic, usually.

funny.

thoughtful.

determined.

fun.

super duper courageous.

you really are....

my strength.
my beacon.
my pillar.
my rod.
my everything.

i sometimes feel as if i am still fighting our losing battle.

thank goodness, usually my tears and a little better judgement allow the truth to surface.

the eternal truth.

the battle has already been fought and has already been won.

the Savior has done for all, that which we couldn't have ever done for Stephen.

this quiet battle that persists within my heart

is a constant reminder of the infinite amount of love that our Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ have for us.

and then there is you

you

have given so much of yourself to us.

you have been the strong one.

when your heart felt ill, you insisted on comforting

me.

when you needed to find the strength to bless our sweet son

you stood worthy.

when you wanted to live in each and every moment of those 44 days with Stephen...

you made it possible for ME and the kiddos

to do exactly THAT.

your love is never-ending,
has never failed,
and touches the depths of my inner soul.

i think you have inherited that kind of love from the Father, himself.

you have been my backbone on many days,
days when you have probably...

needed that very kind of love yourself.

thank you for being my everything.

clear from the very beginning, i've always even known...
that everything i was ever going to need was going to be found within YOU.

[i love when i'm right].

so thank you for explaining to me last night,

yet again--- the exact details of why they couldn't "fix" Stephen's heart.

last night, those broken pieces of my very own heart ...
were once again picked up by YOU

and then carefully mended back together, temporarily [until next time]-- by the grace of your willing and empathetic love.

thanks.

my giggles and happiness are directly a result of ------you.

I love you millions.

always and forever

me.

2 comments:

Annie's Iris said...

This is probably my favorite blog post of yours.

Angie L said...

I LOVE this Jess! Everytime I visit you blog, I come face to face with your amazing grace, something that could ONLY come from the Father. Thank you for once again bringing me to my knees and giving me yet another lesson in humility, grace, gratefullness and all the other things I'm lacking simply because I exist as human...
I <3 YOU!

Related Posts with Thumbnails