This song was inspired by our baby Stephen's life and our family's 44 days with him. The words and music were written by our dear friend, Lisa Smith. We love the song so very much, almost as much as we love these amazing friends who inspire others by continuing to share it.
HE LIVES
Words and Music written by: Lisa Smith
Sung by: Lindsay Obray, Nona Collins, and Tanner Davis
Guitar: Alan Renfroe
Born a blind man
Never seen the light
Touched by a stranger, who put mud in his eyes
He saw the light from this man
Seeing Christ, he reached out to Him and took His hand.
Come to Him
Let the healing begin (let Him in)
With faith-He gives me wings
So I can soar learning more the truth of all things unseen
He moves mountains within
Just believe... In Him
Child of Promise, child of great worth
Born of loving parents, reserved for this time on earth
Having faith in the Lord's Eternal plan
Letting go --they reached out to Him, and took His hand
Come to Him
Let the healing begin (let Him in)
With faith-He gives me wings
So I can soar learning more the truth of all things unseen
He moves mountains within
Just believe... In Him
Oh Healer
Redeemer
We seek for you, and reach for you
In our weakness
Your perfect love, fills our soul
And makes us whole
Reaching out- showing your hands, Son of Man
HE LIVES
HE LIVES
Come to Him, heal within
HE LIVES Oh HE LIVES
Just believe, find peace
HE LIVES



8 comments:
Hi there,
I clicked over to your blog from Angels Among Us. You family is beautiful. I read that you are looking for an artist to do a picture of Jesus holding Stephen for his headstone. My brother in law is a talented artist who used to work for Nu Art Memorial. He did my daughters butterfly headstone earlier this year. If you are interested comment on my blog and I will get in touch with him. There are pics of her headstone on my blog.
www.booferd.blogspot.com
Erin
I love your blog. Beautiful song for a sweet baby boy. God bless you all.
I have been waiting to hear this song! I was so excited when I seen that you posted it! Jess it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I was crying the whole time.... It is PERFECT!!! They sang it soooo beautiful!!
Amazing song...... Love you Jess! My thoughts and prayers are ALWAYS with you!
awesome thanks for posting this song its beautiful
Hello - I am a first-time visitor to your blog (I found you through BlogFrog). Thanks so much for sharing your story about Stephen. It takes a lot of courage and trust to share your story with thousands of us strangers. My heart goes out to you and your family and I hope you found comfort with family over the holidays.
Holly (BlogFrog)
This is beautiful, Jess! I love it. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful song...still thinking of your cute family.
Hugs,
Mike
Post a Comment